Cucumbers are so cool! They dont show off but they are perhaps one of the healthiest foods on the planet! They are scientifically known as Cucumis sativus and belong to the same botanical family as melons (including watermelon and cantaloupe) and squashes (including summer squash, winter squash, zucchini and pumpkin). They are loaded with vitamin K, B vitamins, copper, potassium, vitamin C, and manganese, cucumbers which can help you to avoid nutrient deficiencies . Furthermore, cucumbers contain unique polyphenols and other compounds that may help reduce your risk of chronic diseases.
Health Benefits of Cucumber
- Keeps hydrated. It you are too busy to drink enough water, munch on the cool cucumber, which is 96 percent water. It will cheerfully compensate! Fights heat, both inside and out. Eat cucumber, and your body gets relief from heartburn. Apply cucumber on your skin, and you get relief from sunburn.
- Flushes out toxins. All that water in cucumber acts as a virtual broom, sweeping waste products out of your system. With regular use, cucumber is known to dissolve kidney stones.
- Lavishes you with vitamins A B and C, which boost immunity, give you energy, and keep you radiant. Give it more power by juicing cucumber with carrot and spinach.
- Aids in weight loos. Enjoy cucumbers in your salads and soups.
- Revives the eyes. Placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes is a clichéd beauty visual, but it really helps reduce under-eye bags and puffiness.
- Stabilizes blood pressure. Patients of blood pressure, both high and low, often find out eating cucumber brings relief.
- Refreshes the mouth. Cucumber juice refreshes and heals diseased gums, leaving your mouth smelling good.
- Helps digestion. Chewing cucumber give the jaws a good workout, and the fiber in it is great for digestion.
- Soothes muscle and joint pain. All those vitamins and minerals in cucumber make it a powerful enemy of muscle and joint pain.
- Good for diabetics. Patients of diabetics can enjoy cucumber while also reaping its health benefits: cucumber contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.
- Reduces cholesterol. A compound call sterols in cucumber helps reduce bad cholesterol.
Cucumbers are low in carbohydrate and provide immense satisfaction which may in turn prevent overeating. For those on a low carb diet, cucumbers are everything!
Do you love them as much as we do?
“The proceeds from our apparel in the Gravity store are donated for the benefit of the community and other charitable purposes”