Green tea is the healthiest beverage ever! It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. This includes improved brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer and many other awesome benefits.
Here are 12 benefits of green tea !
- Weight Loss. Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
- Diabetes. Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes and resulting fat storage.
- Heart Disease. Green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
- Esophageal Cancer. It can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer, but it is also widely thought to kill cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissue around them.
- Cholesterol. Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
- Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. It may delay the deterioration caused by Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Studies carried out on mice showed that green tea protected brain cells from dying and restored damaged brain cells.
- Tooth Decay. Studies suggest that the chemical antioxidant “catechin” in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections, dental caries and other dental conditions
- Blood Pressure. Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
- Depression. Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. It is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect and be a great benefit to tea drinkers.
- Anti-viral and Anti-bacterial. Tea catechins are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents which make them effective for treating everything from influenza to cancer. In some studies green tea has been shown to inhibit the spread of many diseases.
- Skincare. Green tea can apparently also help with wrinkles and the signs of aging, This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Both animal and human studies have demonstrated that green tea applied topically can reduce sun damage, dark circles, acne and improve complexion.
- Stimulates Hair Growth.Green tea contains a high amount of antioxidants that promote hair growth. The catechins in it have 5-alpha-reductase inhibiting properties that help block DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), one of the key causes of hair loss. It can even promote the growth of new hair and prevent common problems like dry scalp and dandruff. A 2005 study published in the Journal of the National Medical Association found that the polyphenols in green tea helped prevent hair loss among rodents.
- After washing your hair, rinse it with cool, freshly brewed green tea. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it out with cool water. Do this 2 or 3 times a week for a couple of months.
- Also, drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily to enjoy strong and beautiful hair.
So there you have it! 12 good reasons to #tryit!👍🏾. Drink green tea daily for a healthy & gorgeous you! Remember to #eatless,#movemore #shopgravity and #sweatinstyle
“The proceeds from our apparel in the Gravity store are donated for the benefit of the community and other charitable purposes”